Your dental hygiene determines the overall health of your body. Bacteria that hide on dirty teeth and tongue are the ones that result from most dental diseases. Sugary foods like sweets and cakes keep your dentition in great danger of getting infections. Gums are a component of your mouth that covers the roots of your teeth. The gums can incur diseases that may proceed to harm your jawbones. Laser gum treatment is a medical technology that is used to treat your infected gums. Bronx laser gum treatment performs professional gum treatment, ensuring the well-being of your health. Below are the major causes of gum infections.
The main causes of gum infections
According to research, gum diseases mainly affect adults in their 30s and 40s. The causes are;
- Smoking. Smoking causes permanent stains in your gum that may cause cancer.
- Poor oral hygiene. This is brought by poor brushing of your teeth. Cleaning teeth with the right toothbrush and toothpaste reduces the chances of getting gum disorders. Taking time when brushing is also vital.
- Medication. Some medication you frequently consume may irritate your gums. The medical substances can result in tissue misbehavior, leading to cancer.
- Gene’s heredity. Some of the oral disorders affect most people due to inheritance from their close family members.
Procedures for performing laser gum treatment
The doctor concentrates the laser lights on the affected part to remove gum tissues. After the removal, the teeth root is exposed and teeth scraping starts. The doctor removes plaque and other residues that may have built on gum lines and roots. Spots that can cause any dental complications like decay are removed. The treated part is disinfected and rested to recover. Some of the diseases treated using laser therapies are as follows:
Some periodontal diseases treated using laser therapy
Periodontal diseases are of many categories. The main forms are;
- Chronic periodontal disease. This disease is more often occurring in adults than teenagers and children. It affects the supporting tissues of your teeth and makes you lose jaw bone. It occurs slowly, but it can keep on affecting more frequently.
- Gingivitis. It is the most known gum disease. It can affect both adults and teenagers. The symptoms are reddish gums, swollen, and bleeding easily. You can prevent gingivitis by maintaining oral hygiene.
The laser is the best treatment of the above gum diseases. Preventive measures are also essential to consider to keep your mouth clean. The main benefits of laser gum treatment are mentioned below.
Benefits of undergoing laser gum treatment
Laser represents one of the painless methods of gum treatment. It instantly kills harmful germs and bacteria that may lead to the regeneration of future diseases. Benefits include:
- Reduces loss of teeth.
- Seals deep periodontal pockets.
- Lasers control bleeding of gums immediately.
Gums play a significant role in preventing roots from getting the infection. These infections can harm your gums instead. Cleaning your teeth regularly with the right toothbrush and toothpaste prevents these infectious bacteria. In the case of gum infections, the laser treatment method is the best option. The laser treats the bleeding symptom immediately and kills bacteria responsible for the conditions. For more information about laser gum treatment, consult Dr. Nishita Gandhi.