Gastric bypass and any other treatments for weight loss, collectively known as bariatric surgery, involve your system to facilitate you to lose weight. Bariatric surgery is performed when diet and exercise have failed or you have serious health problems due to your weight. Bariatric surgery reduces the stomach’s storage capacity, limiting food intake and allowing you to feel full sooner than before. The absorption of calories is also limited by several bariatric operations. Your doctor can help you determine if you’re a candidate and which option is best for you.
Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics is the most experienced bariatric practice in Georgia. They are also board certified in general surgery in Atlanta, GA. Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics surgeons are pioneers in the field of minimally invasive bariatric surgery. They were the first to perform excellent laparoscopic bariatric surgery as patient treatments. Through their bariatric surgery fellowship program, they inform, educate, and train surgeons as specialists in the discipline.
Table of Contents
They believe that bariatric surgery is not only for weight loss. However, it also helps in various other issues that impact our overall health.
- Diabetes type 2 occurs due to obesity, and bariatric surgery helps in reducing the chances of type 2 diabetes.
- Obesity is another reason why people suffer from bad cholesterol levels, which later affect their hearts. Bariatric surgery keeps the heart healthy, which reduces the chances of stroke, myocardial infarction, and hypertension, etc.
- Losing weight helps people, as well as using CPAP machines for sleep apnea, to sleep peacefully at night. The effect can be seen just after one year of the surgery.
- Being overweight causes wear and tear in our joints, which further increases cartilage problems resulting in arthritis, osteoporosis, etc. After bariatric surgery, the joints are relieved from stress which gives people more mobility without medication.
- Obesity is also another reason for hormonal imbalance and irregular menstrual cycles. Losing weight can keep their body system appropriate, reducing the chances of hormonal imbalance and other problems related to it like PCOS, PCOD, etc.
- Study shows that the majority of women are now suffering from PCOD, PCOS, and other hormonal imbalance issues, which is the root cause of miscarriage and infertility. Bariatric surgery also improves fertility in women suffering from hormonal imbalance.
- Obesity takes away the confidence of individuals because of their uneven body shape, and they are unable to participate in various activities and sports. Losing weight builds their confidence.
While bariatric surgery has various advantages, all weight-loss surgeries are big procedures that come with significant risks and side effects. In addition, you should also follow healthy dietary plans and regular exercise to ensure the success of bariatric surgery.