As technology keeps improving, dentists have also developed new and unique methods of treating and handling all dental issues. Dental problems have become more problematic as it affects everyone from children to adults. Some of these problems are tooth decay, gum inflammation, halitosis, teeth growing without following the gum line, and toothaches. These problems, if not well looked into, may lead to severe future damages. Some of the common cosmetic dentistry approaches are teeth whitening, ultra-tooth, laser dentistry, veneers, dental exam, and clear aligners. Visit an Orlando implant specialist to get more info.
Table of Contents
It is the use of targeted beams of laser light to perform different dental procedures. The surgery is believed to have been started in the early 90s. Laser dentistry is widely used on cavities, gum diseases, tooth sensitivity, and cold sores. It is also used in handling minor dental problems such as benign tumors and oral abscesses.
This is simply removing stains from the tooth surface to retain the natural white color. Generally, the dentist makes sure that they remove all the plaque that forms on the tooth. Teeth whitening is the widest procedure performed in cosmetic dentistry. Dentists have laid down factors that lead to having stained teeth. These are:
- Poor oral hygiene.
- Eating certain food such as tomatoes and berries, which plays a big role in staining teeth.
- Drinking beverages with excessive tannins. These are coffee and tea.
- Medications such as tetracycline also stain the teeth.
- Excessive smoking of tobacco also leads to the formation of yellow stains on the tooth surface.
With the help of cosmetic dentistry, teeth are returned to their natural color, giving you a more pleasing and adorable smile.
It is also known as a dental implant. It is a tooth primarily made of titanium. The tooth is surgically placed into the jawbone to replace the tooth that has been extracted. The procedure involves the intervention of local anesthesia to prevent pain during the surgery. Ultra-tooth has benefits such as:
- They provide an instant result to dental patients as it takes the place left by the missing tooth.
- It makes biting and chewing easier.
- They restore all functions of the mouth.
- They also reduce and fill the gaps in the mouth.
Generally, veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin that bonds with the natural tooth. Veneers primarily hide the tooth’s visible imperfections, allowing an individual to have a perfect smile and a healthy mouth. Veneers are used to serve the following functions:
- Cover the broken or fractured tooth.
- They cover the stains on the tooth surface, which cannot be removed through a teeth whitening approach.
- Fill and reduce gaps between teeth.
- Covers the sharp tooth to prevent damaging the gum and tongue.
These are custom-designed mouthpieces that are used to cover the teeth. They are more effective than traditional braces. The aligner’s primary function is to put pressure on the tooth roots to grow in the right position. They also improve the physical appearance of the smile and overall oral health.
In conclusion, cosmetic dentistry is of many benefits to dental patients. If you are having difficulties choosing the option that suits your dental problem, please visit the nearest dental hospital for help.