As far as the ACL reconstruction surgery in India is considered the doctors work as a team. They are going to leave no stone unturned to ensure that it is successful on all counts. Before you proceed ahead you need to be aware of what to expect before and after the surgery.
The day before the surgery is about to take place
- As far as possible try to keep the knee clean. It is suggested that you do wash it a few times so as to prevent any form of infection. Take care of the fact that the knee does not have any infections. It is suggested that you do not shave in that region.
- Unless you are instructed by the doctor do not eat anything 8 to 10 hours before the surgery is about to take place. The chances of the procedure getting cancelled are the more if you fail to do so.
- In case if you are carrying crutches then do not forget to carry them along with you.
- When you head to the hospital be in comfortable clothing attire. Carry an extra pair of clothes if you want.
- It would be better to leave you costly items at your home before the surgery. The chances of it getting stolen are on the higher side in a hospital set up.
- Carry things with you that would distract you after the surgery. In hindsight you need to carry along with you anything that gives you a sense of pleasure.
- It is suggested that you bring with you someone who will help you during the process of surgery. Do make it a point that transportation facilities to and fro from the point of surgery need to be arranged as well.
The day of the surgery
- The moment you get on to the hospital a small check-up will be done before the commencement of surgery. At this point of time the nursing staff is going to take care of all the procedures
- The temperature along with the blood pressure will be measured at this point of time. More likely the doctor is going to pose a few questions to you. The onus is on to clarify any doubts you are having. In fact you need to be in a relaxed stage before the surgery. This will go a long way in ensuring a timely recovery.
- At this point of time you would be asked to wear a surgical gown that appears to be fully sterilized
- Before the surgery is about to take place do not forget to sign in the consent form. It goes on to specify clearly that you have understood the positives along with the risks of the surgery. Then only you are asked to opt for the surgery
- In a rough manner the surgery would take around 2 hours to be over. Since it is done on an outpatient basis you are in a position to go home after the surgery.