If you are suffering from chronic pain, you may already be in touch with your primary care specialist. The best treatment is to eliminate the cause of the pain. Most often, the root cause of the pain is unknown and that’s why the pain never goes away despite taking a lot of different medicines and precautions. A pain management specialist plays a vital role because they work to find the actual cause of the pain. In many cases, your primary care provider is someone who refers you to a pain management specialist such as Faheem Abbasi, MD.
Role of a Pain Management Specialist
It is imperative to understand how a pain management expert is different from that of a primary care doctor. They have experience and expertise in diagnosing, analyzing, and treating chronic and acute pain. There are a lot of tasks performed by pain management specialists compared to other doctors. That’s why this field has gained more popularity these days as new and advanced techniques are being introduced every now and then. Some of the duties of these doctors are explained below.
- They suggest various tests to be performed on the patient so that they can know what the actual problem is.
- They will analyze the test reports to figure out the condition of the patient.
- They can prescribe medicines and manage the treatment based on the study performed.
- They are also responsible for performing procedures like spinal injections and nerve blocks.
- Based on the patient’s history and response to the medications and procedures, they can coordinate rehab, additional care, and physical and psychological therapies for the betterment of the patient.
Advantages of Taking Pain Management Services
It has been studied that people taking these services have benefitted more than those who did not. The patient received specialized services rather than general ones so that the pain can be reduced and managed like never before. Moreover, they did not have to continue the painkillers because they received more advanced care and therapies.
If you want to get rid of the pain, which has caused discomfort for a long time, you must get in touch with a pain management specialist. They will be able to perform thorough research and suggest the best way to get rid of the problem. You should be able to find him or her on the internet.