We have all heard someone use the quote “you could cut the tension in the air with a knife”. This is almost exclusively reserved for gatherings of people who care about each other. If you are married then you have likely been in a room such as this at home.
When we love someone intimately or simply in a familial fashion; we know when to tip-toe around and when to plow headfirst into a fight. Whichever way you choose, your body is going to respond by becoming tense and sensitive.
The effects of stress on the body range from a stiff neck to an irritated GI tract and long-term it can be detrimental to your health. While a couples massage is not the same as couple’s therapy, massage is a powerful thing.
Women’s Day magazine and Men’s Health magazine have similar articles on the topic of couples massaging each other. The conclusion: It’s good for your relationship!
If you can massage each other, what would a professional couples massage provide?
- Sometimes you simply want to relax together without actually having to do the massage yourself.
- While couples can take a class to learn how to massage each other it just feels nice to have a professional do it. Have you ever had your freshly washed hair washed before a haircut? Same principle.
- When you walk into the room you and your partner are carrying the weight of life in and out of your relationship. With professional massage therapists, you can both walk out feeling lighter and together.
Associating your partner with the relaxation of a massage can have a significantly positive impact on your relationship. Eating, sleeping and playing together are already big boosts for a relationship. This is a way for your energy to connect and stress to dissolve independently but at the same time.
What can you expect?
As with any massage at Carytown, you can expect an incredible level of professionalism. You and your partner will remove only the clothing that you feel comfortable removing and only the part of your body that is being massaged will be exposed at any given time. Two massage therapists will come in and you will each get massaged simultaneously. Together, you can talk or just relax.
Why get a massage?
There is a multitude of benefits to massage. You can get a list of the specific types of massages and services offered by Carytown and book an appointment by visiting the website, but it is important to understand the benefits of each type. This article has been focused on couples massage but another kind of massage may be better suited for your needs.
- Swedish Massage– the goal is to relax the entire body and is a good way to treat yourself regularly.
- Therapeutic Massage– with this type of massage a massage therapist can focus on specific long-term issues. You can leave with an increase in the range of motion and less acute pain in one session. A Swedish massage will really keep the blood circulation going for longer lasting results.
- Hot Stone Massage– The benefits of a hot stone massage are numerous. Decreased stress, increased sleep, and decreased muscle tension are among these benefits.
Which massage do I choose?
If you want a couple’s massage then the answer is pretty clear. If you need any help deciding which technique you need, contact us and describe what you are looking for. We are here to help and to heal.